Crisp and light fall coleslaw, no mayo here…
What you need:
- Half a cabbage, sliced thin
- 1-2 Apples peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 Turnip, cut into matchsticks
- 1 Kohlrabi, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 Fennel Bulb, sliced thin
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt + Pepper
Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl. You can use any combination of the apple, turnip, kohlrabi, or fennel. Whatever you like! Toss with a pinch of salt.
Wish the rest of the ingredients together to make vinaigrette. Taste and season to your liking. Dress the coleslaw with the vinaigrette, and let sit for a couple minutes.
Serve with pork or grains.