I ran out of time to make the pastry crust for my quiche recipe and came up with a new addition to my brunch line-up! If you have the time this weekend, make a crust…it will be even more decadent!
What you need:
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt or 3/4 cup milk or heavy cream
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 4 stalks of spring garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated. Use whatever will melt well like cheddar, Swiss, brie
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional: 1 pastry crust, if you want to make a quiche instead of a frittata
Note: I prefer to use yogurt instead of heavy cream or milk in a quiche & frittata. Do what’s best for you.
Heat oven to 375° F.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon pieces until mostly cooked but not overly crispy. Drain on a paper towel and reserve the cooking fat in the pan. Lower the heat and cook spring garlic pieces until translucent, about 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk eggs, yogurt and seasoning until smooth. Fill a baking dish (I’m using a 9 inch pie plate) with the bacon, garlic, and cheese. Pour the egg mixture over and use a fork to allow everything to be evenly distributed in the dish.
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the center is set but still jiggles a bit. It will puff up a bit in baking, but will deflate a little as it cools. That’s normal, you haven’t done anything wrong. Serve warm or cold.