Portobello Mushrooms have a particularly meaty texture because they are one big piece, that it felt right to call these mignons this week. You can simply cook the mushrooms without the mash, but the sunchoke mash is delicious with the sauce from this recipe!
What you need:
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 2 stalks spring garlic or 4 garlic cloves
- Half an onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Harissa Spice or Paprika
- Optional: 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin or curry powdeer
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste, use ketchup in a pinch
- ½ cup sunflower oil or olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Heat oven to 400 F
Finely dice the garlic and onions and combine with spices and oil. Coat mushrooms with the mixture. In an ovenproof dish with a lid, place mushrooms stem side down and coat with the remaining garlic spice mixture. Cover and bake for about 30 minutes. Then remove the dish from the oven and flip the mushrooms over, cook for another 10 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
Serve warm. Spoon extra sliced oil over mushrooms and mash. If you have leftover oil, use on sauteed vegetables or protein.