This is a great dish when you want to impress a guest and you want to make something simple. Gazpacho is a cold soup made with raw vegetables, so it is a snap to whip up!
What you need:
- 1 smallish seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-2 cucumbers, skin removed and diced
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeds removed & diced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Aronia Berry Vinegar, or Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional: Feta or Chevre to crumble on top
Puree watermelon, tomato, cucumber, jalapeno, oil, and vinegar until smooth. Season with salt & pepper. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
When you’re ready to serve, ladle out portions and top with cheese, fresh herbs or micro greens, and nuts for crunch! This can be made a day ahead, and this recipe serves 6 as a starter.